With some version of reopening on the horizon, marketers are having to rethink their marketing efforts, especially email–since so many of us have been relying on digital communication more than ever. What should our approach be now? Read the full article at MarketingProfs
How do you access the analytics you need to measure your online marketing ROI effectively? You need the right tools. This article highlights five tools that provide insights into your marketing results. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
Now, more than ever, organizations are depending on digital channels to maintain customer connections and plant seeds for future growth. Here’s how marketers can be responsive and provide leadership during this crisis. Read the full article at MarketingProfs
Version 18.09 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
UPDATE: Version 18.09 has been
re-released (build 18.09.16)
to fix major new bugs with the Rotate and Scale, Size and
Position, Text, Chroma Key, Key Spill, and White Balance filters.
This release is packed with fixes and improvements in many areas!
- Added Ripple support for moving clips including Ripple All Tracks.
- When Ripple is on and you move a clip to the right, it now
ripples (pushes) all the clips to the right instead of making a transition
(including the Ripple All Tracks option).
- Added Ctrl+R keyboard shortcut to toggle Timeline Ripple,
Ctrl+Alt+R to toggle Ripple All Tracks, and
Ctrl+Shift+R to toggle both.
- Improved Snapping behavior on the Timeline.
- Added Ctrl+P keyboard shortcut to toggle Snapping.
- Added Reset Track Height (Ctrl+0) to the Timeline menu.
- Added a Timer video filter.
- Added support for negative rotation to the Rotate and Scale filter.
- Added Shake 1 Second – Scaled and Shake 1 Second – Unscaled presets
to the Size and Position filter.
- Added a Text clip to the Open Other dialog.
This is a convenience item that creates a transparent Color clip with a
- Added Extract Sub-clip to Properties menu for audio/video clip.
- Added Export presets for WebM VP8 and VP9 with alpha channel.
- Fixed a crash when quickly changing clip selections in the Timeline.
- Improved closing Shotcut more reliably and the behavior of multiple shotcut
- Fixed Undo beyond Remove Track may crash.
- Fixed a crash when moving a clip after undoing a transition.
- Fixed a crash loading project after some sequence of inserting and removing tracks.
- Fixed a crash loading an image with the wrong filename extension.
- Fixed OS audio device changes may cause Shotcut to hang.
- Fixed crash dragging simple keyframes beyond the edges of the clip.
- The 32-bit Windows build can use more memory to reduce risk of crash:
3 GiB on 32-bit Windows and 4 GiB on 64-bit Windows.
- Fixed a crash applying an image transform filter to an image with alpha
channel (PNG, SVG).
- Improved behavior of opening WebP images.
- Fixed advanced keyframes for the Size and Position filter.
- Fixed inserted and then hidden video tracks become audio tracks after
re-opening the project.
- Fixed changing Video Mode from Automatic to something else with
- Fixed moving a transition to another track leaves a hidden clip on the old track.
- Fixed trimming the out point of a timeline clip may change the in point of
the following clip.
- Fixed Properties > Speed, Convert, Reverse, and
More Information does not work sometimes after reloading a project.
- Fixed reliability of changing size and position fields with keyframes
in Size and Position and Text filters.
- Fixed trimming outward with Ripple All Tracks moved clips on other tracks
in the wrong direction.
- Fixed audio waveforms still appear on muted tracks after adding a track.
- Fixed dragging clips to the Timeline stops working.
- Fixed edges of text with the Text filter may get cut off (clipped).
- Fixed Size and Position and Rotate and Scale filters may leave black
right and bottom edge of frame.
- Fixed trimming a timeline clip with Fade In/Out Video filters
with “Adjust opacity instead of fade with black” enabled.
- Fixed Export may change the actual frame rate and cause timing errors.
- Fixed reducing the Frame/sec in Export causes timing errors in the output.
- Fixed image scaling interpolation method when not using a transform filter.
- Removed the Compositing toggle icon from the Timeline track head. Now,
it is located in the track Properties as Blend mode with a None option.
- In the 3D Text filter, replaced the Droid fonts with Liberation due to an
Well, to be honest, there is not much speed improvement. Most of the improvement
comes from a fix to prevent an incomplete shutdown. In the case of the 32-bit
Windows build, since more memory can be accessed now, we have removed some of
(not all) multi-threading limits.
- Improved the performance of changing filter parameters and scrubbing.
- Limit the number of background thumbnail and waveform generation threads to 4.
- Prevent trying to generate audio levels for waveforms for still images and
other silent sources.
Version 18.10 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
This release is packed with fixes and improvements in many areas!
- Added support for Intel Quick Sync Video
hardware-accelerated video encoders to the Windows build (in Export > Codec
choose h264_qsv or hevc_qsv).
- Added Grid and Safe Area overlays with a toggle/menu button to the player.
- Added snapping to the grid and safe areas for the VUI rectangle control as
used by Text, Size and Position, and more filters.
- Added Open Other to the main toolbar with a drop-down menu.
- Added the ability to drag-n-drop folders from a file manager into Shotcut.
- Added the ability to supply multiple file and folder name arguments to the
shotcut command line executable.
- Added the ability to make a temporary Custom Video Mode (leave Name blank).
- Added Settings > Video Mode > Custom > Remove….
- Added View > Layout > Remove….
- Added Settings > Clear Recent on Exit checkbox to prevent saving data on a
shared computer account.
- Added command line option
--clear-recentto enable Clear Recent on Exit
and hide that option in the Settings menu.
- Added a dialog when you click to check for an update that asks if you want to
check for update automatically (at startup only) with the option to suppress the
- Fixed audio preview distortion on Windows (regression in v18.09).
- Fixed some AAC MP4 files start in the middle.
- Fixed un-mute a track may not draw its waveforms.
- Fixed whitespace in Text filter removed in Export.
- Fixed crash adding clip to Timeline after removing all tracks.
- Fixed simple keyframes go missing or not all the way to 00:00.
- Fixed switching from simple to advanced keyframes in Text, Rotate and
Scale, Timer, and Size and Position filters.
- Fixed a possible crash when adding a transition by trimming.
- Fixed crash on macOS after the app restarts itself when some Settings are
- Fixed moving a clip to the left where the right edge is not a blank.
- Fixed some Timeline actions do not work correctly after a Ripple move.
- Fixed undo/redo form trim-to-transition over a blank/gap.
- Fixed Ripple moving a clip to the end of a track was not extending the
hidden black background.
- Hide the Text generator if Settings > GPU Effects is on (incompatible).
- Fixed the Rotate and Scale filter preset not saving keyframes for the
- Fixed a crash opening multiple files at once either through File > Open or
drag-n-drop from a file manager.
- Fixed a crash closing a playlist-only project with Automatic Video Mode.
- Fixed changing position or removing advanced keyframes for the Scale
parameter of the Rotate and Scale filter distorting the aspect ratio of
- Fixed Timeline > Split not working if the current track is empty. (It
should split the topmost clip under the playhead.)
- Fixed clicking the reset button of the Center checkbox of the Crop
filter does not re-enable the other controls.
- Fixed the Timeline and Keyframes timeline rulers are incorrect after
changing Settings > Video Mode.
- Fixed a crash when the project frame rate is very low (< 6 fps).
- Fixed a crash when switching keyframes on and off for position and size
parameters in video filter such as Size and Position, Text, and Timer.
- Fixed trimming multiple track filters hides them.
- Fixed making a Text preset does not save the text (only all other parameters).
Changes and Improvements
- Changed resolution restriction from a multiple of 8 to a multiple of 2.
- Improved the layout of the filter chooser in Filters.
- Changed Timeline fade controls to behave the same as Keyframes simple
- Changed the Noise generator from opening as a live source to a clip with a
- Changed drag-n-drop to Playlist to not automatically open the first file
unless the project is empty.
- Changed the Rotation parameter of the Mask filter to use degrees, and
fixed its reset button.
- Added more library dependencies to the Linux portable tar, AppImage, and snap
builds including the SWH LADSPA plugins.
- The minimum macOS version has changed to 10.12.
Version 18.11 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
This version brings hardware encoding to macOS and VA-API encoding for Linux.
Meanwhile, the experimental GPU Effects mode, which was always unstable and
unsupported is made a truly advanced option by hiding it. Now, one can only
enable it by manually changing the configuration file/registry. To make things
easier a New Project screen was added, most Export options are hidden behind an
Advanced button, hardware encoding gets a checkbox, and a signed macOS build is
Additional information about the new features is available here.
- Added an Advanced mode to Export.
- Added Use hardware encoder checkbox to Export.
- Added VA-API hardware encoding for Linux.
- Added videotoolbox hardware encoding for macOS.
- Added New Project / Recent Projects screen.
- Added 10 Pixel Grid and 20 Pixel Grid options to the player grid button menu.
- Added Spot Remover video filter.
- Added View > Scopes > Video Waveform.
- Added Settings > Video Mode > Non-Broadcast > Square 1080p 30 fps and 60 fps.
- Added Ut Video presets to Export.
- Added signed app bundle for macOS.
- Added SDK for macOS.
- Fixed support for macOS 10.10 and 10.11.
- Fixed clearing export preset search collapses categories.
- Fixed searching export presets in categories.
- Fixed initial rectangle size for Size and Position filter.
- Fixed reopening Timeline changes zoom level.
- Fixed exit sometimes hangs.
- Fixed some filters’ presets do not save any values:
- Key Spill: Advanced
- Chroma Key: Advanced
- Reduce Noise
- Fixed A/V synchronization on some files.
- Fixed seeking on audio files with album art.
- Fixed saving multiple lines of text in preset for Text generator.
- Fixed crash when undoing split and transition on Timeline.
- Fixed filters not applied correctly when using Export > From > Each Playlist Item.
- Improved reliability of Audio/Video Device capture.
- Fixed Color generator did not signal colorspace.
- Fixed transfer characteristic conversion and full range output in Export.
Other for full range output.)
- Made GPU Effects hidden and discouraged.
- Added support for project folder to Stabilize and Overlay HTML filters.
- Increased Scale maximum to 500% for Rotate and Scale filter.
- Improved support for DDS, ICO, and WebP images.
- Bundle more library dependencies on Linux.
- Converted macOS build to standard app bundle layout.