Version 18.09 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
UPDATE: Version 18.09 has been
re-released (build 18.09.16)
to fix major new bugs with the Rotate and Scale, Size and
Position, Text, Chroma Key, Key Spill, and White Balance filters.
This release is packed with fixes and improvements in many areas!
- Added Ripple support for moving clips including Ripple All Tracks.
- When Ripple is on and you move a clip to the right, it now
ripples (pushes) all the clips to the right instead of making a transition
(including the Ripple All Tracks option).
- Added Ctrl+R keyboard shortcut to toggle Timeline Ripple,
Ctrl+Alt+R to toggle Ripple All Tracks, and
Ctrl+Shift+R to toggle both.
- Improved Snapping behavior on the Timeline.
- Added Ctrl+P keyboard shortcut to toggle Snapping.
- Added Reset Track Height (Ctrl+0) to the Timeline menu.
- Added a Timer video filter.
- Added support for negative rotation to the Rotate and Scale filter.
- Added Shake 1 Second – Scaled and Shake 1 Second – Unscaled presets
to the Size and Position filter.
- Added a Text clip to the Open Other dialog.
This is a convenience item that creates a transparent Color clip with a
- Added Extract Sub-clip to Properties menu for audio/video clip.
- Added Export presets for WebM VP8 and VP9 with alpha channel.
- Fixed a crash when quickly changing clip selections in the Timeline.
- Improved closing Shotcut more reliably and the behavior of multiple shotcut
- Fixed Undo beyond Remove Track may crash.
- Fixed a crash when moving a clip after undoing a transition.
- Fixed a crash loading project after some sequence of inserting and removing tracks.
- Fixed a crash loading an image with the wrong filename extension.
- Fixed OS audio device changes may cause Shotcut to hang.
- Fixed crash dragging simple keyframes beyond the edges of the clip.
- The 32-bit Windows build can use more memory to reduce risk of crash:
3 GiB on 32-bit Windows and 4 GiB on 64-bit Windows.
- Fixed a crash applying an image transform filter to an image with alpha
channel (PNG, SVG).
- Improved behavior of opening WebP images.
- Fixed advanced keyframes for the Size and Position filter.
- Fixed inserted and then hidden video tracks become audio tracks after
re-opening the project.
- Fixed changing Video Mode from Automatic to something else with
- Fixed moving a transition to another track leaves a hidden clip on the old track.
- Fixed trimming the out point of a timeline clip may change the in point of
the following clip.
- Fixed Properties > Speed, Convert, Reverse, and
More Information does not work sometimes after reloading a project.
- Fixed reliability of changing size and position fields with keyframes
in Size and Position and Text filters.
- Fixed trimming outward with Ripple All Tracks moved clips on other tracks
in the wrong direction.
- Fixed audio waveforms still appear on muted tracks after adding a track.
- Fixed dragging clips to the Timeline stops working.
- Fixed edges of text with the Text filter may get cut off (clipped).
- Fixed Size and Position and Rotate and Scale filters may leave black
right and bottom edge of frame.
- Fixed trimming a timeline clip with Fade In/Out Video filters
with “Adjust opacity instead of fade with black” enabled.
- Fixed Export may change the actual frame rate and cause timing errors.
- Fixed reducing the Frame/sec in Export causes timing errors in the output.
- Fixed image scaling interpolation method when not using a transform filter.
- Removed the Compositing toggle icon from the Timeline track head. Now,
it is located in the track Properties as Blend mode with a None option.
- In the 3D Text filter, replaced the Droid fonts with Liberation due to an
Well, to be honest, there is not much speed improvement. Most of the improvement
comes from a fix to prevent an incomplete shutdown. In the case of the 32-bit
Windows build, since more memory can be accessed now, we have removed some of
(not all) multi-threading limits.
- Improved the performance of changing filter parameters and scrubbing.
- Limit the number of background thumbnail and waveform generation threads to 4.
- Prevent trying to generate audio levels for waveforms for still images and
other silent sources.