Version 18.10 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
This release is packed with fixes and improvements in many areas!
- Added support for Intel Quick Sync Video
hardware-accelerated video encoders to the Windows build (in Export > Codec
choose h264_qsv or hevc_qsv).
- Added Grid and Safe Area overlays with a toggle/menu button to the player.
- Added snapping to the grid and safe areas for the VUI rectangle control as
used by Text, Size and Position, and more filters.
- Added Open Other to the main toolbar with a drop-down menu.
- Added the ability to drag-n-drop folders from a file manager into Shotcut.
- Added the ability to supply multiple file and folder name arguments to the
shotcut command line executable.
- Added the ability to make a temporary Custom Video Mode (leave Name blank).
- Added Settings > Video Mode > Custom > Remove….
- Added View > Layout > Remove….
- Added Settings > Clear Recent on Exit checkbox to prevent saving data on a
shared computer account.
- Added command line option
--clear-recentto enable Clear Recent on Exit
and hide that option in the Settings menu.
- Added a dialog when you click to check for an update that asks if you want to
check for update automatically (at startup only) with the option to suppress the
- Fixed audio preview distortion on Windows (regression in v18.09).
- Fixed some AAC MP4 files start in the middle.
- Fixed un-mute a track may not draw its waveforms.
- Fixed whitespace in Text filter removed in Export.
- Fixed crash adding clip to Timeline after removing all tracks.
- Fixed simple keyframes go missing or not all the way to 00:00.
- Fixed switching from simple to advanced keyframes in Text, Rotate and
Scale, Timer, and Size and Position filters.
- Fixed a possible crash when adding a transition by trimming.
- Fixed crash on macOS after the app restarts itself when some Settings are
- Fixed moving a clip to the left where the right edge is not a blank.
- Fixed some Timeline actions do not work correctly after a Ripple move.
- Fixed undo/redo form trim-to-transition over a blank/gap.
- Fixed Ripple moving a clip to the end of a track was not extending the
hidden black background.
- Hide the Text generator if Settings > GPU Effects is on (incompatible).
- Fixed the Rotate and Scale filter preset not saving keyframes for the
- Fixed a crash opening multiple files at once either through File > Open or
drag-n-drop from a file manager.
- Fixed a crash closing a playlist-only project with Automatic Video Mode.
- Fixed changing position or removing advanced keyframes for the Scale
parameter of the Rotate and Scale filter distorting the aspect ratio of
- Fixed Timeline > Split not working if the current track is empty. (It
should split the topmost clip under the playhead.)
- Fixed clicking the reset button of the Center checkbox of the Crop
filter does not re-enable the other controls.
- Fixed the Timeline and Keyframes timeline rulers are incorrect after
changing Settings > Video Mode.
- Fixed a crash when the project frame rate is very low (< 6 fps).
- Fixed a crash when switching keyframes on and off for position and size
parameters in video filter such as Size and Position, Text, and Timer.
- Fixed trimming multiple track filters hides them.
- Fixed making a Text preset does not save the text (only all other parameters).
Changes and Improvements
- Changed resolution restriction from a multiple of 8 to a multiple of 2.
- Improved the layout of the filter chooser in Filters.
- Changed Timeline fade controls to behave the same as Keyframes simple
- Changed the Noise generator from opening as a live source to a clip with a
- Changed drag-n-drop to Playlist to not automatically open the first file
unless the project is empty.
- Changed the Rotation parameter of the Mask filter to use degrees, and
fixed its reset button.
- Added more library dependencies to the Linux portable tar, AppImage, and snap
builds including the SWH LADSPA plugins.
- The minimum macOS version has changed to 10.12.