Version 18.11 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
This version brings hardware encoding to macOS and VA-API encoding for Linux.
Meanwhile, the experimental GPU Effects mode, which was always unstable and
unsupported is made a truly advanced option by hiding it. Now, one can only
enable it by manually changing the configuration file/registry. To make things
easier a New Project screen was added, most Export options are hidden behind an
Advanced button, hardware encoding gets a checkbox, and a signed macOS build is
Additional information about the new features is available here.
- Added an Advanced mode to Export.
- Added Use hardware encoder checkbox to Export.
- Added VA-API hardware encoding for Linux.
- Added videotoolbox hardware encoding for macOS.
- Added New Project / Recent Projects screen.
- Added 10 Pixel Grid and 20 Pixel Grid options to the player grid button menu.
- Added Spot Remover video filter.
- Added View > Scopes > Video Waveform.
- Added Settings > Video Mode > Non-Broadcast > Square 1080p 30 fps and 60 fps.
- Added Ut Video presets to Export.
- Added signed app bundle for macOS.
- Added SDK for macOS.
- Fixed support for macOS 10.10 and 10.11.
- Fixed clearing export preset search collapses categories.
- Fixed searching export presets in categories.
- Fixed initial rectangle size for Size and Position filter.
- Fixed reopening Timeline changes zoom level.
- Fixed exit sometimes hangs.
- Fixed some filters’ presets do not save any values:
- Key Spill: Advanced
- Chroma Key: Advanced
- Reduce Noise
- Fixed A/V synchronization on some files.
- Fixed seeking on audio files with album art.
- Fixed saving multiple lines of text in preset for Text generator.
- Fixed crash when undoing split and transition on Timeline.
- Fixed filters not applied correctly when using Export > From > Each Playlist Item.
- Improved reliability of Audio/Video Device capture.
- Fixed Color generator did not signal colorspace.
- Fixed transfer characteristic conversion and full range output in Export.
Other for full range output.)
- Made GPU Effects hidden and discouraged.
- Added support for project folder to Stabilize and Overlay HTML filters.
- Increased Scale maximum to 500% for Rotate and Scale filter.
- Improved support for DDS, ICO, and WebP images.
- Bundle more library dependencies on Linux.
- Converted macOS build to standard app bundle layout.