Version 19.04 is now available for DOWNLOAD!
This version is the usual roundup of recent fixes and minor feature additions.
The development team especially thanks forum members @Paul2, @sauron, and @DRM
for their contributions to this release.
- Added (creation) Date column to Playlist Details view.
- Added Set File Date… to the Playlist menu and item context menu.
- Added Sort By Name and Sort By Date to the Playlist menu.
These are single-shot sorting commands. The playlist is still fixed-ordering.
The new options do not automatically sort new playlist entries.
- Added new video filters:
- Audio Dance Visualization
- Audio Light Visualization
- RGB Shift
- Added Zoom 300%, 400%, 500%, 750%, and 1000% to the player’s zoom menu.
- Added Settings > Drawing Method > Software (Mesa) on Windows.
This is not good for performance, but it improves compatibility. Use only as
a last resort.
- Added Display Method > OpenGL or Software (Mesa) on Linux.
- Added Norwegian Nynorsk translation.
- Fixed reading some AVCHD files after a camcorder splits.
- Cosmetic fixes for timecode spinner and toolbar icons on high DPI systems.
- Bundled libnsl for Linux to fix Fedora.
- Fixed Video Waveform scope graticule not showing on non-dark theme.
- Fixed incorrect compositing z-order after Insert Track.
- Fixed cosmetic problem with main toolbar using System theme on macOS.
- Fixed current track changes after inserting or overwriting a clip in Timeline.
- Fixed absolute paths can be introduced on Windows when using a project folder.
- Fixed sometimes showing forward slashes for file paths on Windows.
- Fixed first clip does not start at beginning when drop to Timeline after
File > New or File > Close.
- Fixed Properties > Convert and Reverse on files with album art or
- Fixed a possible crash on File > New or File > Close.
- Fixed filters on clips not extended into transition when adding a transition
by trimming or resizing a transition.
- Fixed Open Other > ALSA Audio on toolbar on Linux.
- Fixed changing Properties > Speed or Color Range on a timeline clip
- Fixed timeline correction when drag clip to another track and then back to
- Fixed reloading the Mask: From File filter resets Threshold keyframes.
- Fixed the Mask: Simple Shape filter does not work when Width or
Height is 0%.
Changes and Improvements
- Increased parameter ranges in the Rotate and Scale filter.
- Added verification that saved MLT XML is well-formed XML before (over-)writing
the target file.
- Changed default Outline Thickness (3) and alpha of Text filter to
match Open Other > Text and prevent a problem where the text outline is
aliased when the clip is transparent.
- Changed the version check to use HTTPS for increased privacy.
- Added DLL redirection files for other .exe programs on Windows to prioritize
Shotcut-provided DLLs over those in system or $path.
- Removed the buggy Merge with next clip from Timeline clip context menu.